On Episode 68 of sh!tpost, Jared Holt runs through a few news items before we speak with Vice News’ Tess Owen, who fills us in on the scuttlebutt surrounding last weekend’s far-right rally in Portland, Oregon. Then, we’re joined for an extended interview with Michael E. Hayden, senior investigative reporter for SPLC’s Hatewatch, who walks us through the story of a white nationalist organizer identified working in the U.S. State Department.
- Amazon’s Army of Superfan ‘Ambassadors’ Is Getting Even Weirder (The Daily Beast)
- Beto O’Rourke seeks new limits on Section 230 as part of gun violence proposal (The Verge)
- Far-Right and Antifa Showdown Drew Over 1,000 Protesters (Vice)
- Twitter’s Testing Another New Message Filter to Weed Out Abuse in Your DMs (Gizmodo)
- Facebook Paid Contractors to Transcribe Users’ Audio Chats (Bloomberg)
- U.S. State Department Official Involved in White Nationalist Movement, Hatewatch Determines (Hatewatch)