This week’s episode is all about the impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump. Joining me to discuss is Sam Knight, a co-host of District Sentinel Radio.
On this episode, Jared Holt is joined by a trio of guests. Molly Conger talks about the federal arrest of Daniel McMahon (aka “Jack Corbin”) after McMahon spent years as a blood-lusting Nazi. Osita Nwanevu joins to talk to us about the phenomenon of “Cancel Culture.” Then, Ali Breland chats with us about “r/The_Donald” as a MAGA organizing hub and recent turmoil in its ranks.
- The “Cancel Culture” Con (The New Republic)
- DHS Finally Gets Real: Online Hate Drives Domestic Terror (The Daily Beast)
- Storm Area 51 weekend has arrived. Here’s what’s actually happening. (Vox)
- DOJ Announces Arrest of White Supremacist Troll ‘Jack Corbin’ (RWW)
- Karen Pence Vows To Tell Trump’s Story On Twitter And It’s Not Going Well (HuffPost)
- GOP allies warn vaping ban will sink Trump in 2020 (Axios)
- FORTNITE MATCHMAKING UPDATE – BATTLE ROYALE (Epic Games)
- American Renaissance lost its Square account (Twitter)
- Facebook suspends ‘tens of thousands’ of apps from 400 developers over improper data use (The Verge)
- Please Stop Sending This Man Dick Pics (Splinter)
On this episode, I’m joined by the hosts of the podcast QAnon Anonymous, who I recently met when they came to D.C. to experience a pro-QAnon rally in the nation’s capitol. But before that, we have to talk about Milo getting turned away from a furry convention.
On this episode, we talk about Jacob Wohl’s arrest warrant, Milo’s financial and audience size woes, and Facebook dating. TYT investigative reporter Ken Klippenstein (at 14:20) joins us to talk about a film pitched to humanize child detention centers at the border and to debrief us on the saga relating to the Harrys of Cherry.
Follow Ken Klippenstein: https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/
- Jacob Wohl Charged With Felony in California (The Daily Beast)
- Milo Yiannopoulos Says He’s Broke (Vice)
- FBI devotes memo to ‘anarchist extremist’ border threat, while far-right vigilantes get a pass (Daily Kos)
- Infowars Loses Appeal in Sandy Hook Defamation Lawsuit (RWW)
- JPMorgan has created a ‘Volfefe Index’ to track how Trump’s tweets move markets (CNN)
- MAGA Meme-Makers Centralize Their Efforts (RWW)
- Can Facebook Fix the Dating World Tinder Created? (The Atlantic)
- Saudi-Linked Lobby Group Pitched Film to Humanize Child Detention Camp (TYT)
- eBay and Shopify pull listings on Jeffrey Epstein-inspired merch (The Verge)
- Trump Still Isn’t Giving Up On Trying to Block Critics on Twitter (Gizmodo)
- Trump, QAnon and an impending judgment day: Behind the Facebook-fueled rise of The Epoch Times (NBC)
- Facebook bans ads from The Epoch Times after huge pro-Trump buy (NBC)
- REDDIT NOW LETS YOU LIVESTREAM. WHAT COULD GO WRONG? (Wired)
- The Justice Department Sent Immigration Judges A White Nationalist Blog Post With Anti-Semitic Attacks (BuzzFeed News)
- Facebook audit of alleged anti-conservative bias fails to pinpoint any (ArsTechnica)
- DEFEND BILL (RWW)
On Episode 68 of sh!tpost, Jared Holt runs through a few news items before we speak with Vice News’ Tess Owen, who fills us in on the scuttlebutt surrounding last weekend’s far-right rally in Portland, Oregon. Then, we’re joined for an extended interview with Michael E. Hayden, senior investigative reporter for SPLC’s Hatewatch, who walks us through the story of a white nationalist organizer identified working in the U.S. State Department.
- Amazon’s Army of Superfan ‘Ambassadors’ Is Getting Even Weirder (The Daily Beast)
- Beto O’Rourke seeks new limits on Section 230 as part of gun violence proposal (The Verge)
- Far-Right and Antifa Showdown Drew Over 1,000 Protesters (Vice)
- Twitter’s Testing Another New Message Filter to Weed Out Abuse in Your DMs (Gizmodo)
- Facebook Paid Contractors to Transcribe Users’ Audio Chats (Bloomberg)
- U.S. State Department Official Involved in White Nationalist Movement, Hatewatch Determines (Hatewatch)
On Episode 67 of sh!tpost, Jared Holt talks about the death of Jeff Epstein, the blacklisting of 8chan, and the second anniversary of Unite the Right. We’re joined by writer Aaron Freedman to learn about how the Intellectual Dark Web’s favorite publication got tricked by a hoax, then we’ll speak to the hoaxster himself! Later in the program, we’re joined by Madeline Peltz of Media Matters to talk about Tucker Carlson’s sudden “vacation” after claiming on air that white supremacy is a “hoax.”
- Attorney General William P. Barr Delivers Remarks at the Grand Lodge Fraternal Order of Police’s 64th National Biennial Conference (DOJ)
- Conspiracy Theories Erupt After Jeffrey Epstein’s Death (The Daily Beast)
- Exclusive: We Found Archie Carter (Jacobin)
- 8Chan, Breeding Ground for White Supremacist Shooters Goes Dark; Founder Says Pull the Plug Permanently (The Root)
- 8chan Owner Called to Testify Before Congress After El Paso Shooting (Time)
- 8chan is under police investigation in the Philippines (The Verge)
- Why de-platforming 8chan can be effective (The Verge)
- Tucker Carlson loses advertisers after remarks about “hoax” of white supremacy (MMFA)
On Episode 66 of sh!tpost, Jared Holt has a bad voice, but that doesn’t stop him from working through the news of the day. Later in the podcast, we’re joined by Julian Feelds of QAnon Anonymous to talk about the arrest of Jeff Epstein.
- Santino William Legan: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know (Heavy)
- Dilbert Creator Scott Adams Uses Gilroy Mass Shooting to Promote His App (Gizmodo)
- Duolingo partnered with Twitch to help you learn languages better (The Verge)
- Tulsi Gabbard Sues Google for $50 Million Over ‘Free Speech’ Violations (The Daily Beast)
- EWhy wasn’t the FTC harder on Facebook? (The Verge)
- YouTubers are unionizing, and the site has 24 days to respond (Engadget)
- Equifax Claims May Not Get You $125 (The New York Times)
On Episode 65 of sh!tpost, Jared Holt walks through news updates on the president’s racist tweets, Proud Boys, QAnon, and the smear that Rep. Ilhan Omar secretly married her brother. We’re joined by HuffPost reporter Luke O’Brien for a debrief on the state of neo-Nazi blogger Andrew Anglin and his website The Daily Stormer, which were recently ruled against in court to the tune of $18,000,000 in damages to two plaintiffs. O’Brien will walk us through the lawsuits, what’s happened since, and where the world’s most-read neo-Nazi blog goes from here.
Follow Luke O’Brien: https://twitter.com/lukeobrien
- The Racism Tweets (Newsletter)
- How the Ilhan Omar Marriage Smear Went From Fever Swamp to Trump (The Daily Beast)
- Google Chrome Update Will Close ‘Loophole’ That Tipped Sites Off to Your Incognito Mode (Gizmodo)
- Proud Boys Member Arrested for Portland Assault Takes Plea Deal (RWW)
- Elon Musk unveils Neuralink’s plans for brain-reading ‘threads’ and a robot to insert them (The Verge)
- Meet the Parents of ‘QBaby’, Star of the Trump Rally and New QAnon Mascot (Rolling Stone)
- He Wasn’t Seeking to Kill a Mob Boss. He Was Trying to Help Trump, His Lawyer Says. (New York Times)
On episode 64 of sh!tpost, host Jared Holt travels to the Netroots Nation political conference in Philadelphia and speaks with activists, journalists, and change-makers in the left-of-center political world about the work they’re doing and how people can get involved.