In episode 45 of sh!tpost, hosts Jared Holt and Jack unpack Candace Owens’ Hitler comments, the unmasking of a neo-Nazi podcaster, and the arrest of a prominent Gamergate icon. We’re joined by Luke O’Neil, who is our guide through Hell World (support his newsletter here), and HuffPost senior reporter Sebastian Murdock, who got in a Twitter fight with Cool Cat.
Awful Pundit Tournament: twitter.com/Tankie_Viciedo
Stories referenced in this episode:
- Candace Owens thinks Hitler was just a bit too ambitious (The Daily Beast).
- Jeff Bezos Dick Pic? (GQ).
- ‘Digital Blackface’: Pro-Trump Trolls Are Impersonating Black People on Twitter (The Daily Beast).
- State of the Q-nion (RWW).
- Facebook pulls more Infowars pages (RWW).
- Laura Loomer Banned from Paypal (The Hill).
- Grandpa Lampshade Unmasked (HuffPost).
- ICE senior adviser Jon Feere is an Ann Coulter superfan who loves her racist immigration writings (Media Matters).
- ‘Gamergate’ Advocate Arrested on Allegations of Molesting Child (RWW).
- Google Is Pulling Websites From Searches At Russia’s Request (BuzzFeed).
- Spotify May Suspend Your Account If It Catches You Using Ad Blockers (Gizmodo).
- Apple will compensate the teenage who found the Facetime bug (Tech Crunch).
- Senator introduces a bill to legalize marijuana and it’s called S.420 (The Verge).
- Discord Comes Under Fire for Alleged Moderator Abuse and Furry Corruption (Newsweek).