In episode 53 of sh!tpost, host Jared Holt and co-host Jack discuss Julian Assange’s arrest, photos of a black hole, and a shoddy Capitol Hill hearing featuring TPUSA’s Candace Owens. The Daily Beast’s Kelly Weill joins us for a two-part interview. First, we discuss threats against Rep. Ilhan Omar. Then, we chat about flat earth conspiracy theory drama.
Follow Kelly Weill: twitter.com/KellyWeill
Stories referenced in this episode:
- Black holes don’t suck, but sometimes the internet does (The Verge)
- Tracking Phones, Google Is a Dragnet for the Police (New York Times)
- Candace Owens and Mort Klein interrupt a serious conversation on Capitol Hill (RWW).
- WikiLeaks’ Assange hauled from embassy, faces US charge (AP).
- Instagram Stands By Laura Loomer Calling Ilhan Omar’s Islamic Faith ‘Cancer’ (The Daily Beast).
- TPUSA Shares Photo with Visual Nod to ‘White Genocide’ Conspiracy Theory (RWW)
- Logan Paul Sued Over Flat Earth Mockumentary by Guy Trying to Launch Himself Into Space on Homemade Rocket (The Daily Beast)
- YouTube right-wingers launch campaigns for office under UKIP (The Independent)
- YouTube alt-right personalities start a stir, one is charged with aggravated assault (Lulz)
- Juul Launches Pilot Program That Tracks How Juul Devices Get in the Hands of Minors (TechCrunch)
- HQ Trivia Host Scott Rogowsky Leaves Game Show For New Gig in Baseball (TMZ)
- Homeless Man at Center of $400,000 GoFundMe Scam Sentenced (Gizmodo).